Monday, July 8, 2013

My Secret Love Affair (with Pizza)


Holiday weekends are always something I both look forward to and despise at the same time.

Why you ask? 

I love having the extra time with my family - especially in the summer when I'm home ALL day with my trio - I appreciate IMMENSLY that my husband is home to help rally the troops. Endless energy they have, while I'm propping my eyelids open with a stick.

If you're a SAHM, I know you get me. 

On the other hand, holiday weekends usually mean seeing family, eating out and being lazy.

Oh, that's just me?  My bad.

So family came over Thursday and there was much snacking going on. I managed to continue the wheat-free business. We did go to the beach, which was awesome.  I can't say I did any physical activity aside from sitting in my beach chair.


Awesomeness.

And through most of Friday. I even passed on the toast at breakfast which is probably the first time in history I've said no to yummy, buttery, sourdough toast.

But we ended up picking up pizza for dinner on Saturday.

Have I mentioned my love affair with pizza?  I have never loved a food more than I love pizza.  I can't say no to pizza.

I can say YES to pizza.  Every day, all day.  Me + Pizza = 4Ever

So I had some.  I had 3 smallish (medium) pieces which I think is totally fine. It was good, but was it awesome?  Not really.

But man, did my body yell at me afterwards. I had some stomach cramps that were not welcome.

Do I think it was the wheat?  No.  I actually think it was the dairy or the combo of all the pizza deliciousness toppings. 

Good thing I only eat it every couple of weeks.

I honestly don't have much dairy in my diet.  Mostly iced vanilla lattes when I get the nerve to drag the three amigos out of the house and drive the 20 minutes to the coffee shop. And drag them into the shop which turns into a littany of requests for chocolate milk, cookies, muffins, donuts, anything that costs money.

Have you ever realized what a sugar shack a coffee shop is?  My insulin spikes every time I walk in the door of Coffee Bean.

Never have I missed Dunkin Donuts drive-thru more!!

As the weekend went on, the list of not-great-diet-foods increased.

Wine, ice cream, rice krispy treats, and cake.  Oh my.

Sweet, delicious, grocery store, covered in yummy icing, birthday cake. 

Sigh.  Starting over, yet again.

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever tried pita pizzas? I am currently obsessed with them and they're much healthier than regular pizza, but still fulfill that desire for it. I think I eat them weekly, seriously. I'll post a recipe on my site! :)

    ReplyDelete

I would so love to hear from you!