Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Wheat is Gone...For Now

Is there such a word as a breadaholic?

There is now.

Look it up in the urban dictionary - I'm 99% sure there is a picture of me stuffing my face with a loaf of bread right next to the definition!

I love me some bread.  Love it.  I think my husband could care less about it.  But me?

I'd eat it at every meal if I could.  Toast for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch, bread dipped in olive oil for dinner.  Sign me up for that diet!

I remember when bread was good for your diet, because it was low in fat!  I wish that were the case.

Now I'm still on the fence on if wheat in general is the complete evil that I've read about (anyone else read Wheat Belly?).  I read it, did a week without wheat and gluten, and that was that.

Last week I decided - honestly I don't even know what triggered it - to try yet again to not eat wheat for a little while. I didn't make a deadline.  I'm not sure what I'm looking to happen...

Of course I'd love it if a few (ahem, 10) pounds magically disappeared.  :D  I know that's not in the cards.

I'm 6 days in right now.  I haven't noticed much, if any, change yet.  I was moody as hell the first couple of days.  I was so hungry.  You did not want to be around me.

Oh yeah, because I'd also cut out refined sugar the week before this wheat-free business!  Say what??

I follow 100 Days of Real Food and decided to try the pledge of no refined sugar.  Next up, my aspartame problem.  Sigh. It never ends, people.

I'm a ball of fun to be around right now!!

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would so love to hear from you!