Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Yesterday's Workout and Self-Doubt

So yesterday's run.

Do you ever have a conversation with yourself, in your head, where you go back and forth on whether or not you can do something?

In my case, it was running for 20 minutes.

It's not as if I've never run a non-interval run before.  I've done it many, many times.  I've run a couple of 5K races.  Heck, I've even done a 5.5 mile run! 

But I've been on this interval-run-kick for so long, where I run 3 minutes, walk 1 (Week 1 of the Ease into 10K, wash, rinse, repeat).

So yesterday I decided I was going to dip back into the 5K training and do a 20 minute run, 3 minute walk, 5 minute run.

I got out there and was feeling pretty good on that first mile. I thought about my BFF Amanda (and new blogger at A Healthful Approach) kicking butt yesterday and busting out a 5 mile run on the treadmill. And that seriously motivated me to just make it happen and go for the 5K.

I did my 3.1 and felt fantastic.  And wondered why I'd even doubted myself in the first place.

My run pace was a respectable 10:33. I know I'm not a fast runner, but hey, I'm getting it DONE.

Now I'm linking up for Weigh In Wednesday (better late than never)!



Pretty
Strong Medicine 

It's my first week, but certainly won't be my last!  I'm happy to have the extra push to get past this number! I just finished hosting an FB Biggest Loser Challenge and did not win. But I was weighing in on Wednesdays, so this will not be new to me.  I'm hoping to try Weight Watchers again because that seems to be the one thing I can stick with. 

Current Weight: 173.3
1st Goal Weight: 168
Ultimate Goal Weight: 150ish

Here's to another step in the right direction!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the 5K! It's amazing what you can do when you put your mind to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I don't know why I get into the vicious cycle of doubting myself. I appreciate the support!

      Delete

I would so love to hear from you!