Tuesday, July 16, 2013

10K Training, Again

It's Tuesday, peeps!

I feel like I haven't had a chance to get on my computer in DAYS!  It's hard to find the time when the trio is up and running around.

I knew it was time to get re-started in my 10K training. I have started it more than once and gotten all the way to week 7, and then BOOM - off the wagon I fell.

It was a hard fall.

iPhone Screenshot 1

I started again and kept repeating weeks 1 and 2. I love those 3/1 intervals!  But I was having motivation issues along with some breathing troubles.

So I restarted the plan yet again. I swear it's probably my 5th time.  Today would be the day I start week 2.  Again. Again. Again.

But I feel bored. I don't feel motivated. I feel like I should be DONE already. I should be able to run 5 or 6 miles no problem.

I used to mix up my running with gym classes.  Sigh. I LOVED my old gym in Maryland. Loved it.  I had a great group of friends that I made through the gym and I always looked forward to going to class.

Body Pump.  Body Step.  Body Attack.  Body Combat.  I love you all and miss you. 

That plus running was fantastic for my motivation.  Now the closest gym that offers those same classes is 18 miles away.  It's not super realistic for me to join when it's totally out of the way.

What's a girl to do?  Off to go run for now.

3 comments:

  1. What app do you use for running? Is it free?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Ease into 10K by Blue Fin Apps. I started with their 5K program first and liked it, which is why I went to the 10K. I just looked at it's $2.99. I love it! I've tried to use RunKeeper, but I don't like that I can't change my music during the run - I like to skip and repeat songs pretty often. Though maybe if I upgraded to Pro I could? With the 10K app you can also repeat runs and make the program really customized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you are a workout queen! Such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

I would so love to hear from you!