Monday, January 6, 2014

Jamie Eason's Live Fit Challenge - Day 1

Well.

Day 1 is COMPLETE!

If I didn't mention it, I just started Jamie Eason's Live Fit Challenge!  I am part of a Facebook group of over 250 gals who are participating in the challenge - all set up by Made With Love's Alesha!  She completed the Live Fit Challenge last year and she's doing it again heading up this group.  She had some great results - as did some other bloggers that I follow.

I can't even remember how I came across Brittany Eats Clean on FB, but somehow I did, and man did she ever inspire me!!  She first started the challenge January 2013 and has KILLED it!  She stayed on plan most of the year and dropped almost 50 pounds - she leaned out and toned up and looks fan-freaking-tastic.





The Live Fit program is basically this.  Eating clean. Lifting Heavy.  Rinse and Repeat.  There is cardio after Phase 1, but NO cardio in the first 4 weeks. 

Say what??

No what??

Yep.  Hard to imagine.  It almost didn't make sense to someone like me who has focused endlessly on cardio over the past 10 years and has not seen lasting results.  Then I had a Eureka moment.  I thought about the times in my life that I was in the best shape.  All those times I had a steady weight training routine going, along with some cardio.  High school, college, the first few years after college.  Weights + cardio.

BOOM.

Got it. 

So I went to the YMCA today and got a trial membership.  Picked up some weights and followed Day 1 of Live Fit.

I got this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would so love to hear from you!